Looking for a gaming keyboard? We know that modern gaming is made up of fast-paced action during which split-second decisions can have deadly consequences. When you go into a multiplayer lobby armed only with a squishy old office keyboard filled to the brim with years of muck and gunk, you could be putting yourself at a serious competitive disadvantage. So, we’ve decided to put together a list of some of the top gaming keyboards on the market today.
Before we look at individual keyboards let’s look at some specifics about gaming keyboards in general. If you’ve come across them before, you’ve likely heard mention of the term ‘key switch’. Switches are responsible for the feel and performance of any given keyboard, with certain classes of key switch touted as more favourable for gaming than others, such as Linear, Tactile, and Clicky switches.
But that’s not all that makes a gaming keyboard tick. Media controls are vital for mid-game audio tweaks, and ergonomics has a crucial role in choosing the best board, too. There’s also the matter of RGB lighting: a helping hand for when you want to play late into the night, or if you just want to light up your desk like a dodgy nightclub
Right, with that out of the way, let’s take a look at some of the gaming keyboards you could get at GAME!
Trust GXT 830RW AVONN
- Okay, so the name doesn’t roll off the tongue. Nevertheless, Trust have built an entry-level keyboard that doesn’t skimp on the features that matter to gamers most.
Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
- Corsair’s gaming expertise strikes again. A detachable wrist rest and six macro keys make this an ideal keyboard for serious gamers and seriously long gaming sessions.
Logitech G213 Prodigy
- Logitech’s G213 offers an affordable take on the tried and tested gaming keyboard formula. With Mech-Dome switches and five RGB lighting zones, it never fails to impress no matter the game you’re playing.
HyperX Alloy FPS RGB
- With the fastest key switches in the west, the Alloy FPS is deadly in the right hands. It’s also sleek, tough, and visually stunning… what more could you want?
Razer Ornata Chroma
- Comfort is the name of the game with the Razer Ornata Chroma. Once you try out its luxuriously padded wrist rest, you’ll wonder how you ever went without.
Steelseries Apex M750 TKL-UK
- Limited space? The Apex M750 might do the trick. No expense has been spared on this pint-sized package, complete with glorious RGB lighting and mechanical key switches.
Asus ROG STRIX Flare
- Asus have settled for nothing but the best for the STRIX Flare. That means Cherry MX switches, full media controls, and absolutely stunning underglow lighting.
Roccat Vulcan 120
- The Vulcan packs a ton of functionality into its aluminium-clad chassis, including custom switches, a multimedia wheel, and full RGB lighting. This board is built to last, too.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
- Razer have brought their A game with the Blackwidow. There’s per-key RGB lighting, mechanical switches, media controls, and the wrist rest equivalent of dinner at the Ritz.
Check out our extensive range of gaming keyboards for every budget.